Castlevania CotM Technomancy Castlevania CotM Technomancy

Hi. This is my arrangement, not SuperShock18's. He uploaded it without my permission or approval. Here's where it was posted originally, way back in 2002.

Symphony of the Night =MEDLEY= Symphony of the Night =MEDLEY=

Excellent

Your take on the source material, with which I am extremely familiar, is refreshing and exciting, particularly the Tim Burtonesque arrangement of The Tragic Prince.

You're clearly a musician who is gifted moreso than most, and I look forward to your future work.

Wanderer Wanderer

Clips

It's a somewhat interesting composition, reminiscent of Misidia, from Final Fantasy 4, but the clipping in the low piano mars it.

SysRq-Shit? Shit. Shit! SysRq-Shit? Shit. Shit!

Crunchy.

Wonderful use of crunchy, lo-fi synths in a non-chiptune composition. I enjoy it.

Come Together - Beatles Cover Come Together - Beatles Cover

Coverific

A straight-forward, well-performed cover with nominal production values. You kids might want to look into a vocalist.

Goin' Down to Newgrounds Vmix Goin' Down to Newgrounds Vmix

Oh hell yeah!

Certainly, this is the reason the audio portal exists. My hat is off to you, sir.

Denvish responds:

Sorry, I just ate your hat. I was hungry, and it looked delicious. Here, have a pancake to keep your head dry...

Serpent Trench (8-bit)+*~.0 Serpent Trench (8-bit)+*~.0

A Final Fantasy 4 arrangement

Not bad. An accurate, no-frills recreation of Serpent's Trench from Final Fantasy 4 for chip, ie. as a chiptune. What do you use for these, a tracker?

Chronamut responds:

no... I'm afreaid what I use is a secret ;) I'll tell you this tho - its NOT dos.

also this isnt ff4 its ff6 :P or ff3 in the american version

american ff2 is ff4

there are actually japanese 1 2 and 3 i think - i dunno they really screwed the numbers up somehow.

Anyways this was the pilot song for yet another 8-bit method.

hope you liked it!

-shawn-

P.S. - downloads are down - i just realized that's why none of my songs are being d/led LOL...

Moonlit Techno Moonlit Techno

Original but Off

Dance music without quantization sounds comepletely sloppy and wrong.

That isn't to say you didn't write a good piece of music--I love the chord structure you used for dance and the cheesey lo-fi synth lead over synth piano makes it sound like a B horror movie's ending theme--but the timing issues and more than a few odd dissonances detract. If you're considering re-visiting this, I'd suggest quantizing so that every note is exactly on-beat.

MilkMan-Dan responds:

Thanx for the critique. I'll certainly look into improving the timing. But with real time track writing... it's difficult. It's all up to my hands. Thanx for the suggestions though.

Finding A Fairy Finding A Fairy

Refreshingly Musical

Your complex, winding arpeggios and syncopated grace notes mark you as a much more classical musician than the vast majority of composers/arrangers you'll find here, myself included.

An atmospheric an lilting tune that will surely pull at your heartstrings. I hope someone capitalizes on this melody's strong and yet unobstrusive emotional impact and uses it in an appropriately moving flash animation.

MilkMan-Dan responds:

Your brilliant review has touched my heart. Thankyou.

Magnet Man II Magnet Man II

Superior

A subtle but distinct improvement from your previous rendition, sharing all its good qualities in a clearer, thicker production. Top notch!

Realmguys responds:

Thank you so much I appreciate the review.
-Tyler